Marie Curie PhD fellowships in Methods in Research on Research
We are recruiting 15 PhD students to be trained in Methods in Research on Research in the field of clinical research.
Each recruited PhD student will:
- Be offered a 3-year Marie Sklodowska-Curie fellowship;
- Benefit from a strong and innovative training programme, secondment in academic and non-academic institutions, a joint supervision from academic and non academic researchers;
- Obtain 2 doctorate certificates from 2 universities participating in the consortium;
- Be employed by the host institution full time for three years starting in October 2016;
- Benefit from a monthly living allowance, a mobility allowance and a family allowance (where applicable), according to the Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions’ rules for Early Stage Researchers (ESRs).
Applications are now closed, except for ESR12, whose deadline has been extended to June 26, 2016. Apply here!
Who can apply?
Applicants should fulfill the requirements for application to a PhD programme. They must have (or are expected to obtain by October 2016) the equivalent of a Master degree in one of the following fields or related disciplines: Public Health, Medicine, Epidemiology, Clinical Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer science, Social sciences, Psychology, Health Sciences.
Applicants shall be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and have not been awarded a doctoral degree at the time of recruitment (October 2016), meaning that between the date of the master diploma (or the diploma recognised to officially enroll in a PhD) and the date of the recruitment, the candidate should not have more than 4 years of research experience (candidates who have worked for more than 4 years in other sectors or functions not related to research work are eligible).
Researchers can be of any nationality, but they must comply with the Marie Skłodowska-Curie mobility rules. At the time of the recruitment by the host organisation, researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of their host organisation for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the recruitment. Short stays such as holidays and/or compulsory national service are not taken into account.
How to apply?
- CV including the list of relevant publications and the level of proficiency in English;
- Copies of academic degrees including official transcripts;
- Letter of motivation explaining how the candidate’s previous research and professional skills suit the chosen project(s).
Please note: applicants who have not obtained a Master certificate by May 1 (deadline for the submission) must upload the latest university certificates in their possession as well as a copy of their academic transcripts.
The selection process will follow the European Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers including its gender and equal opportunities recommendations.
Each application will first be assessed for eligibility with particular reference to the mobility rules.
Applications that are eligible will then be assessed by members of the consortium using criteria based on scientific merit of the applicant, relevance of research training and experience, level and quality of degrees awarded, previous publication record and documented experience of teamwork, letter of recommendations.
Suitable candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview via videoconferencing. Interview panels will assess the creativity, critical thinking and enthusiasm of the candidates to participate in the project. The main supervisor of the ESR projects will participate in the panel.
During the interview, the candidates will be asked to present in 10 minutes their background and the research they performed during their master. They will also be asked to present in 5 minutes a critical appraisal of an article they would be provided before the interview.
Applicants will be informed by July 31, 2016 if they are selected, on the reserve list, or not selected.
For general queries, please contact us.